For a day or two before and after a session, we suggest drinking lots of filtered or distilled water, herbal teas and fresh juices; along with eating organic and seasonal vegetables, fruits, whole grains, soups and lighter proteins. Eating this way will naturally create a healthier intestinal cleansing atmosphere as well as reduce the possibilities of both excess gas build-up and delay in resuming your proper elimination function.
Minimize your consumption of dairy, sugar, wheat and red meat as well. Please remember to chew thoroughly (up to 30 times before swallowing). Otherwise, during the releases we may see excess gas as well as undigested food being eliminated including carrots, lettuces, nuts, seeds, peppers, popcorn, tomato, and potato skins.
The following are some examples of healthy, cleansing foods to include in your diet:
Day of Session
- Herbal teas- chamomile, dandelion, green, peppermint
- Fruits- apricots, bananas, blueberries, figs, grapes, melon, oranges, papayas, peaches, pears, prunes
- Protein Shakes- vegetarian protein powder, honey, rice, wheat germ
- Proteins- fish, poultry, tempeh (cake form of soybeans), tofu, seeds
- Vegetables- preferably seasonal, beets, celery, cabbage, lettuces, parsnips, squashes, sweet potatoes, sprouts, yams; leafy greens such as collard, kale, lettuces, mustard, Swiss chard, watercress, parsley
- Seaweeds- dulse, kelp, kombu, nori
- Whole Grains- amaranth, barley, basmati rice, long grain brown rice, buckwheat, millet, quinoa
- Breads (if you must)- Ezekiel, gluten free or manna
On the actual day of your session, eating or drinking mostly vegetables and fruits will put your body into a deeper cleansing mode. Remember lots of purified (Alkaline preferably) water. However, for two hours before your appointment, try to avoid eating or drinking as much as possible so that you’re not digesting or needed to empty your bladder during your session.
Afterwards, as soon as you desire, it is okay to eat and drink again, similar to how you came into the experience. Electrolyte-type drinks such as Emergen-C and Recharge are suggested along with probiotic supplement or food including acidophilus and bifdus, like goats yogurt or kefir. Also consider miso, sauerkraut, rejuvelac and chlorphyll-rich foods, such as wheatgrass, dark greens or algae. This is an excellent time to juice.
It is not uncommon for 1-3 days to pass before your first bowl movement after session. Please be patient. Remember that the whole digestive tract is one long tube (7 times the length of your body is stretched out) so it may take some time for your colon to refill. What you eat and drink will determine how redefining of your colons shape and movement will occur. If you are particularly sensitive, avoid raw vegetables, red meat and alcohol. Please avoid overeating.
Untill you have a bowel movement, we suggest that you eliminate foods which you know to be allergic, constipating, gas- producing and bloating. Some of these may be:
- Bread, cheese, chocolate, desserts, fatty and fried foods, ice cream, junk and processed foods, milk, sugar, & wheat products, along with caffeine, carbonated drinks and sodas.
- Gas producing foods: beans, cruciferous vegetables (such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage and cauliflower), onions, peppers, raw and unpeeled apples and soy products.